Friday, July 15, 2011

BHLDN, Beautiful





Planning my wedding was a strange experience. I remember putting too much thought in to some things, not enough in to others. I remember stressing out and giving up on more then one occasion but in the end I am proud of myself for keeping my cool and for letting go enough to have fun. Still, I occasionally have these moments, a twinge of regret: It could have been prettier, more polished, more organized. I could have worn a different dress. Then I brush it off and I remember that it was exactly the way we wanted it to be. It wasn't flawless, but if it was it wouldn't have been authentic. Given the chance to do it over I wouldn't change a thing.

Fortunately, Beholden wasn't around to break my heart and my piggy bank. Say what you will but the folks at Urban Outfitters, Inc. are brilliant. I am not usually a fan of lifestyle branding but they have it down to a science. I love Anthropologie and Free People. Terrain is lovely. Though I've outgrown it I'll admit that I also liked Urban Outfitters once upon a time, too. This year they launched the wedding brand BHLDN as an extension to the Anthropologie line. The offerings are vintage inspired, lush and decadent. In addition to the breathtaking dresses above they carry all the accessories that a bride may need, totally wearable bridesmaids dresses, even chic decor. I don't have a wedding to plan this year but I can't help loosing myself in their site anyway.

So, what do you think? Do you have a favorite BHLDN dress and if so what sort of a theme would you pair it with? I invite you to daydream with me...

xo - jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment