Saturday, August 20, 2011

Miu Miu - Fall 2011 Runway Collection











I feel like we've barely had a summer in the Bay Area this year so it's hard to face the fact that fall is right around the corner. Of course, fashion marches bravely forward - magazines and department stores have already made the seasonal switch. When fall collections hit the runway during fashion week earlier this year they offered a lot of rehashed mediocrity: chic ponchos, graphic stripes, leather skirts and awkward silhouettes. The highlights for me were grungy plaids and ethnic prints, some fresh takes on menswear and some sweet 40s inspired pieces. 

I'll admit that I am a 50s girl at heart. I like a cinched waist and a full skirt but I love love love a slinky rayon and a sparse 40s print, too. This Miu Miu collection was love at first sight. It's classic, chic and refined. There are times when it veers in to '90s does 40s' territory with ridiculous shoulders and harsh triangular silhouettes and while I am not a fan of that look I do understand that it's still relevant. On the flip side several pieces are just flawless. The prints, the bags, the cateye sunnies, and the shoes are all pretty killer. Salmon suede on gold glitter? Oh my! With the 40s look popping up in the Vuitton fall line as well,  I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to see stores offer an affordable homage to this runway look soon. 

xo - jocelyn


Images: Runway: Style.com, Shoes + Sunnies: Fashionologie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment